Yield: 16 egg cups | Preparation Time: 25 minutes | Start to finish: 3 hours (includes refrigeration time) *See time saver note at the bottom of recipe.
If you love deviled eggs. You will crave these Pickled Deviled Eggs. They not only please your eyes with their springtime hue, they will entice your mouth to ask for seconds.
8 Each Hard Boiled Eggs., peeled and rinsed.
1/3 Cup Mayonnaise, Hellman’s
1 Tablespoon Gulden’s Spicy Brown Mustard
1 Tablespoon Sweet Pickle Relish
1/4 Teaspoon Black Ground Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
*1. Refer to Roasted Beets, adjust the recipe for 1 bunch of beets.
*2. Refer to Pickled Beets for the brine recipe and marinate eggs at least 2 hours.
3. Remove eggs from the container, pat dry, slice in half long ways. Return beets to the refrigerator.
4. Pop out the yolks carefully and put them in a bowl. Set the whites aside.
5. Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, relish until creamy, season with salt and pepper to taste. Then spoon the mixture carefully into the egg cups.
6. Sprinkle with the paprika.
7. You can prepare these about two hours before serving. Keep in refrigerator loosely covered.
NOTE: You can use the same yolk mixture excluding the relish if you wish for classic deviled eggs. Then combine both on a platter for an appealing look.
**Add a sprig of fresh dill on each egg or sprinkle with some chopped chives.
Time Saver Note: To cut down on time. Scrub, wash and peel the beets, then boil them right in the marinade. Simmer until beets are tender. Let cool, slice and divide among jars, drop in hard boiled eggs and refrigerate 2 hours.