Roasted Diced Beets are perfect for salads and snacking.
Yield: 3 Cups | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Start to finish: 1 hour 10 minutes
2 Bunches Beets, Approximately 8 Bulbs, scrubbed, washed, and patted dry
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. and raise the oven rack to the second tier.
2. *You can peel the beets first if you want, but it is easier after they are roasted. Wear gloves or hold beets with a paper towel as the juice will stain everything!
3. In a 9 X 9 oven dish. Place in your beets. If you have any large beets about 3″ diameter slice them in half and drizzle with the olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Toss to coat well.
4. Bake 60 minutes, until a knife slides through easily. (Bake time will vary depending on the size of your beets)
5. When done remove from oven and set the pan aside until the beets are cool enough to handle. Using a paring knife, cut off the skin.
6. Slice beets for pickling, if preferred or dice/chop according to your recipe.
NOTES: When using for salads and snacking I like to peel and dice prior to baking and because they are smaller pieces they cook faster (Cook at 400 degrees for 60 min. until tender).