2 Each Boneless Chicken Breasts, fileted in 1/2
1 1/2 Cups Prepared Bruschetta (see Bruschetta Recipe or Note below)
1/4 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
4 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
1/2 Cup Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1/2 Cup Grape Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 Cup Red Onion, chopped
1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for frying
1 Cup Milk
1. In a small mixing bowl add flour, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic, and pepper. Pour milk into another small mixing bowl and add chicken cutlets. Let soak about 1 minute.
2. Preheat the olive in a large frying pan. Then dredge the milked cutlets in the flour mixture. Repeat until all cutlets are in the pan. Fry till golden on both sides.
3. Remove cutlets to a 12 X 12 baking dish. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Mix the bruschetta, onion and cherry tomatoes together and spoon equal amounts onto each chicken cutlet covering cutlet.
6. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
7. Uncover and place equal slices of Mozzarella Cheese on each cutlet. Bake uncovered 10 – 15 more minutes until mozzarella is to your melted likeness.
Notes: If you don’t have prepared bruschetta on hand,
chop up 1 cup of grape tomatoes,
1 clove of garlic, minced,
2 slices of a medium onion, diced
2 basil leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinagrette
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Mix in a small bowl and let rest to mingle for 15 – 20 minutes.