A wholesome simple recipe perfect to warm you from the inside out.
1/2 Pound London Broil, trimmed of fat
8 Cups Water
5 Each Beef Bullion Cubes
1/2 Cup Carrots, peeled and cubed
3 Each Celery Stalk, diced
1/2 Cup Sweet Onion, diced
1/2 Cup Diced Tomatoes, drained and rinsed
1 Each Large Potato, peeled and cubed
1 Cup Frozen Vegetables
1/2 Cup Quick Barley
1 Each Bay Leaf, Dry, crushed
1/2 Teaspoon Basil, Dry
1/4 Teaspoon Thyme, Ground
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Onion Powder
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. In a stock pot add 5 cups of water and London broil. Bring to boil on medium heat, cook 30 minutes. Skim off fat.
2. Add bullion cubes and remaining water. Cook 15 minutes more and skim off fat.
3. Add Onion, Carrots, Celery, tomatoes, mixed vegetables, and potato.
4. Add Thyme, Basil, Bay Leaf, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder stir to incorporate then add in the Quick Barley.
5. Remove London Boil. Slice (with the grain) into cubes returning cubes to stockpot.
6. Cook on low heat covered with vented lid approx. 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a side of Oyster Crackers. Enjoy!