A delicious crunchy and crispy Italian cookie.
1 Cup Blanched Almonds, slivered
2 1/4 Cups Flour, All-purpose
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
3 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Almond Extract
Butter for Cookie Sheet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds on a cookie sheet.
2. Toast almonds in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Allow almonds to cool.
3. Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
4. Lightly beat eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a small bowl. Set aside.
5. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.
6. Gradually mix egg mixture into flour mixture until dough comes together. Add toasted almonds and mix until just incorporated.
7. Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and shape dough into a 3×14-inch log. Transfer log to buttered cookie sheet.
8. Bake in the preheated oven until firm to the touch, 30 to 40 minutes.
9. Allow log to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then, transfer log to a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices, using a serrated knife. Return biscotti slices to a cookie sheet, cut-side up.
10. Return biscotti to the oven and bake until biscotti are toasted and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
11. Flip each cookie and continue baking until toasted, about 20 more minutes.
12. Cool on wire rack and store in a dry air-tight container.