Nothing says “Lovin” like something from the oven! You could use a fork, but use a spoon to get every savory drop!
1 package Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, 14.1 oz pkg 2 crusts, set aside & bring to room temp.
2 cups cooked chicken, cut or shredded
2 cans cream of chicken soup, condensed
2 cups mixed vegetables, frozen, Thawed
1/4 cup water
1 3/4 cups milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup celery, diced, about 2 stalks
1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
1 each chicken bouillon cube, low sodium
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup flour
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Bring Pie crusts to room temperature and prepare according to 2 crust pie package direction. Use a 9-inch deep dish pie pan.
2. In microwave safe bowl add 1/4 cup water and bullion cube. Cook for about 1 minute. Remove and (you might need to press cube with fork against side to smash) stir until cube is dissolved.
3. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in broth mixture, milk, and 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup cooking and stirring until bubbly.
4. Stir in chicken, mixed vegetables, thyme and black pepper cook about 5 minutes stirring constantly to avoid burning.
5. In small bowl add 1/4 cup water and flour. Stir until flour is dissolved. Add flour mixture to saucepan. Stir constantly until well blended bubbly and thickened.
6. Spoon mixture into crust spreading evenly.
7. Top with 2nd crust pinching sides under bottom crust. Cut some slits in top center of pie.
8. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and Cover pie edges to avoid them from getting to browned.**
9. Return to oven and bake another 12 – 15 minutes until crust is nice and crispy.
10. Remove and allow it to stand about 5 minutes to set.
12. **If you don’t don’t have a pie crust cover, take a pie-size square of aluminum foil, fold it into quarters, and cut out the middle so that when you open it you have a circle. Place over the pie crust.