This amazingly simple mustard based marinade is loaded with bold and tasty flavor.
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons dried bay leaves
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
1. In medium sized mixing bowl add in the vinegar and mustard stir until blended.
2. Add in minced garlic, thyme, bay leaves, sage salt and pepper. Whisk slowly while adding in the oil.
3. Let marinade rest 5 – 10 minutes allowing for the flavors to mingle.
4. This marinade can be stored up to 5 days, if not used right away.
5. Add meat and refrigerate.
Suggested marinate times.
Pork up to 12 hours, beef up to 10 hours, and chicken up to 8 hours. You can also use with vegetable marinate up to 30 minutes.
Cook as directed.