There are many variations to the “meatloaf” recipe. This meatloaf recipe will knock you back to grandma’s table. The ultimate place to find comfort food, friends, family and good eats.
1 1/2 pounds ground meat (beef)
3 tablespoons green bell pepper, finely diced
1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup seasoned, bread crumbs
1 each egg, scrambled
3 tablespoons ketchup
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
2 each slices of bread
3 teaspoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl add ground meat, diced bell pepper, diced yellow onion, minced garlic, ketchup, garlic powder, italian seasoning, parsley, onion powder, black pepper. Mix until well blended
3. Beat egg in small bowl. Soak bread one piece at a time, then crumble between fingers on top of meat mixture. Repeat with second piece then mix with meat mixture until well blended.
4. Mold meat mixture into loaf to fit into loaf pan leaving about a 1/2″ inch from each side.
5. Drizzle with maple syrup and spread on top and side of meat loaf.
6. Cover with tin foil and bake 35 – 45 minutes depending on oven.
7. Remove tin foil and continue cooking at 350 for another 15- minutes to brown.
8. Let loaf set about 3-4 minutes before cutting.