This is like having a garden in your bowl. You can add almost any vegetable you’d like just try to stick with the quantities. This soup is a perfect way to use up those garden vegetables in the fall.
Make sure to check out some other great recipes at What’s cooking with Author, KG Petrone.
1/2 package tortellini, 16 oz. frozen,, Tri-color, sausage or cheese stuffed
4 cups chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes,, 14.5 oz can with juice
1 can Great Norther Beans,, 15.5 oz can, drained and rinsed
1 cup green beans, canned, frozen, cut
1 cup onion, slice, chopped
1 cup green bell pepper, rinsed, innards removed, diced
1 cup baby carrot, diced
1/2 cup celery, washed and chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves, dried
1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
Parmesan cheese (for garnishing, optional), grated
salt and pepper,, to taste
4 each large fresh basil leaves for garnishing (optional, chopped)
1. In Slow cooker, add broth, tomatoes, beans, green beans, onion, green pepper, carrots and celery.
2. Add in garlic powder, basil, oregano, thyme and parsley.
3. Cook on low for 7 hours stirring occasionally.
4. On the 7th hour turn to high and add tortellini.
5. Continue to cook on hour at least one more hour.
6. Scoop into serving bowls and top with parmesan cheese and a few shreds of basil.
7. Add salt & pepper to taste.