Yield: 8 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Start to finish: 25 minutes
These Lil’ Reubens are the best. I hope with St. Patrick’s Day coming up you keep this one close by it’s a great way to utilize some leftover corned beef. Plus, a great appetizer for those unexpected guests. This recipe is easy to double for more of these scrumptious little treats.
2 slices rye bread, toasted and cut into quarters
3 tablespoons Thousand island dressing
1/3 cup sauerkraut
4 slices swiss cheese
8 slices corned beef , or pastrami
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees raising rack to top.
2. Toast rye bread in toaster. (Flip and repeat to toast longer pieces of rye bread. Do Not Burn) Cut into quarters
3. On foil lined cookie sheet spread out rye bread pieces
4. Put a dollop of thousand island on each slice.
5. Fold slices of corned beef/pastrami to fit on each bread piece.
6. Using a fork to drain liquid, top corned beef with about a tablespoon of sauerkraut. Repeat on each lil’ sandwich.
7. Next, fold swiss cheese in half and cut. Then top each lil’ sandwich w/ 2 slices.
8. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.