This quiche is my personal favorite with spinach, bacon and loads of swiss cheese.
1 each pie crust, I recommend the pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts , prepared and cooked per package directions
3 each eggs
1 cup heavy cream
3 cups baby spinach fresh , chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
5 slices swiss cheese, diced
4 slices bacon
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Prepare pie crust per package direction and let cook.
2. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees
3. In skillet fry up the bacon until crispy. Set aside on papertowel.
4. Drain out bacon fat leaving about 2 tablespoons, add onions and saute about 2-3 minutes. Add in spinach stirring consistants until wilted and cooked. Set aside.
5. In medium mixing bowl. Add eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Whisk until well blended. Set aside.
6. Layer swiss cheese evenly on bottom of pie crust. Then top evenly with spinach mixture.
7. Next, crumble your bacon and add on top of the spinach layer.
8. Pour egg mixture slowly to fill pie crust.
9. Place quiche on lined cookie sheet to catch any spill over while cooking – This is rare, but I’d rather not have to clean my oven.
10. Cook for 45 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.