A wholesome Italian dish to warm up to on a brisk winter’s night. Don’t have a slow cooker, no worries check out the stovetop version here.
2 each Chicken breast, trimmed, skinless, cubed
2 each green bell peppers, washed, cored, seeds removed, and sliced
1 each red bell pepper, washed, cored, seeds removed, and sliced
1 each large yellow onion, peeled, cut in half and sliced
2 each garlic cloves, minced
6 cups Sauce, Italian (slow Cooker)
2 cups mushroom, button or baby portabella, bushed/cleaned and sliced
1 dash italian seasoning
1 dash garlic powder
1 dash black ground pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
Parmesan cheese, grated, for topping
1. In a large bowl mixed, cubed chicken, 1 tsp of the italian seasoning, 1 clove of chopped garlic, 1/2 tsp of pepper or 1/4 if cracked pepper. Stir until all chicken is coated in spices and oil.
2. Heat oil on medium in skilled. Add garlic and saute until edges are golden about 1 minute. Add chicken and sear all sides about 1 minute each.
3. In Slow Cooker add sauce, chicken, peppers and mushrooms.
4. Cook on high 4 hours or on low 6 -7 hours.
6. Serve on rice or linguini (Cooking per package directions). Sprinkle with grated romano/parmesan cheese.