Forget childish Steak’umms. Real men crave “Beef’umms!” The beef is so tender it melts in your mouth and talk about juicy… OMG delish. Hands down the Best mouthwatering Slow Cooked Beef sandwich! Then again, throw some cheese on any sandwich and BAM, winner!
2 pounds beef eye round roast, fat removed.
3 cups water
3 each beef bullion cubes, low sodium
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
1 clove garlic, minced
1 package dry onion soup mix
6 ounces light beer
2 cups onion, sliced
8 slices cheese, recommended: swiss or provolone
1. Remove fat from roast and discard *Tip: remove fat while roast is partially frozen for easy removal.
2. In a 4 quart slow cooker, add roast.
3. In a mixing bowl add water, bullion, sugar, oregano, garlic, onion soup mix and beer. Mix well and pour over roast.
4. Cook on high 5 – 6 hours or until meat is fork tender. Tip: When roast begins to float, rotate it in the liquid occasionally.
5. Once roast is tender use a slotted spoon to transfer to dished cutting plate. Shred using two forks.
6. Then return the meat to the liquid and slow cooker and add onions. Stir and Cook until onions are tender and translucent.
7. Spoon meat and onion mixture on toast rolls and top with a couple pieces of swiss or provolone cheese.
8. Make sure to spoon some Au Jus in small bowls for dipping and enjoy!