Stop cooking those canned vegetables and start cooking fresh with this simple and satisfying asparagus side dish. Or make ahead to liven up any salad.
1 bunch Asparagus Storing Tip: Store asparagus upright in a container filled with about 2″ water. Refill water as needed., bottoms trimmed, and cut in half
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
1. Rinse asparagus well under running cold water. Then trim 1″ off bottoms and cut in half.
2. In large skillet heat butter and oil.
3. Add in garlic and saute until just before golden.
4. Add asparagus and toss until coated. Cook for about 4-5 minutes and toss.
5. Cook another 4-5 minutes until stems are tender.
6. Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese and enjoy