This breaded chicken breast recipe is a classy change of pace for chicken. The chicken and vegetables are marinated in a white wine marinade then oven-baked to perfection.
2-3 Chicken Breasts, Boneless, Skinless, filet each breast in half lengthwise
1 Jar Marinated Quartered Artichoke Hearts, 12 Oz. Jar (or 2 6 Oz. Jars), Drain and reserve marinade
1/2 Pound Mini Sweet Peppers, 1/2 of a 1 Lb. Bag (about 10-12 Peppers), washed, tips cut, seeds removed and sliced in half
1 Cup White Cooking Wine
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Each Large Onion, Optional, quartered
3 Cups Bread Crumbs, Seasoned
1 Teaspoon Thyme, Dried
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Parsley, Dried
1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley,, chopped
2 Zip Lock Bags
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Trim and cut chicken breasts, set aside.
2. Prepare mini peppers, drain artichokes and reserve the liquid marinade.
3. In a small mixing bowl, add 1 tspn. garlic powder, marinade and wine. Whisk until blended.
4. Divide marinade. In a large zip lock bag place chicken breasts and pour in 1/2 the reserved wine marinade mixture. Seal and Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, but no more than 8.
5. In a separate zip lock bag add in the peppers, onions and artichokes and pour in remaining marinade. Seal and Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, but no more than 8.
6. After marinating…
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. In a small mixing bowl or zip lock bag add bread crumbs, thyme, onion powder, dried parsley, italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Mix with a fork until well blended. set aside.
9. Remove chicken breasts from marinade and coat with the bread crumb mixture. set aside.
10. In large skillet heat oil on medium until hot. Add minced garlic and cook until golden then add in chicken breasts and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.
11. Spay oil lightly a 12 X 12 baking dish. Then add chicken breasts so they do not overlap.
12. Pour the contents of the bag with mini peppers, onions, and artichokes along with the marinade over chicken breasts.
13. Cover and bake 20 minutes, then uncover and continue baking for another 20 minutes. Until inner temperature of chicken is 165 degrees and peppers are tender.