Servings: 20 medium shrimp (*# will depend on the size shrimp you purchase) | Yield: 20/30 Shrimp* | Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Start to finish: 25 minutes
Making and cooking shrimp in our day and age has never been easier. This most sought- after appetizer is gobbled down in minutes.
1 Pound Frozen Raw, Deveined Shrimp, *you can also buy raw, deveined and peeled.
6 Cups Water
2 Each Lemon,, sliced in half, then sliced
1 Teaspoon Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
KG’s Homemade Cocktail Sauce
1. Thaw shrimp in a large mixing bowl under cold running water until thaw about 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally to separate shrimp.
2. Peel/devein shrimp and set aside. Video: How to peel and devein shrimp (I usually purchase frozen raw, deveined shrimp, so I only need to peel off the shells.).
3. In a large saucepan, add water and old bay seasoning and bring to a boil.
4. Rinse shrimp well in a colander.
5. Lower heat to a small boil. Add shrimp and cook 3 – 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep shrimp from one another. Check one by cutting in half. If flesh is opaque they are done.
6. Strain shrimp into a colander and run under cold water to cool.
7. Refrigerate in an airtight container at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
8. Serve chilled. Garnish with slices of lemon.
9. And serve with KG’s Cocktail Sauce and Enjoy!