You can use this scrumptious scampi as an appetizer, main dish or top up your favorite pasta dish or salad.
YIELDS: 12 Shrimp | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Start to finish: 20 minutes
12 Each Medium – Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Clove Garlic, minced
2 Teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Butter, unsalted
2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
3 Tablespoons White Cooking Wine
Lemon Slices, Optional
1. Peel and devein shrimp. Video: How to peel and devein shrimp If frozen thaw under running cold water 3-5 minutes, then peel and devein. Rinse shrimp well.
2. In medium skillet heat oil and butter or use 2-3 tabs of scampi butter
3. Add garlic, (if not using scampi butter), stir and cook 1 minute.
4. Add Shrimp and cook about 1 minute then add wine and parmesan cheese.
5. Cook another minute and flip. Cook an additional 3 minutes, flip again and cook until flesh is opaque.
6. Plate over pasta or salad or onto a serving dish. Garnish with lemon slices, optional.