Kale is so healthy for you and this recipe makes eating it even better. The kale is not bitter and the leaves are super tender and tasty.
1 Bunch Fresh Kale, Washed and leaves pulled from stems
1 Each Shallot, diced large
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter, Unsalted
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, or use vegetable broth to make it a vegetarian dish.
1 Cup Chicken Broth, Divided, 1/4 measuring cup for adding slowly
Salt to Taste, *Note: Some broths are very salty so taste before adding
1. Wash kale spreading leaves open to get any dirt in between. Do NOT dry. Pull leaves from the tough stem. Place in colander and set aside.
2. In large deep dish skillet heat butter and oil on medium heat until hot. Add garlic and saute 1 minute stirring to flavor pan.
3. Add in the shallots and saute another 1 – 2 minutes until shallots are translucent.
4. Add in Kale and toss to coat. then add 1/4 cup of chicken broth. Toss and cook stirring frequently 2 minutes.
5. Add another 1/4 cup of broth and still to coat. Add spices and toss until well blended.
6. Add in the remaining broth and toss.
7. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 10 – 15 minutes until kale is tender.