This easy soup is just what the doctor ordered full of protein and flavor!
1 Cup Chicken, cubed
2 Tablespoons Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 Teaspoon Oregano, Dried
1/4 Teaspoon Thyme, Dried
1/4 Teaspoon Parsley, Dried
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1/4 Cup Onion, chopped
1 Each Tomato, chopped
1 Each Celery Stalk, julienned
1 Each Small Red Pepper, chopped
1 Each Small Zucchini, diced large **see Note under recipe for preparation tip**
5 Each Chicken Bullion ***eliminate, if using chicken broth,
1/2 Cup Elbow or Small Shell Macaroni, Uncooked
1/2 Cup Rotini (spiral) Macaroni, uncooked
7 Cups Water or Chicken Broth **if Using Broth Do Not Add Chicken Bouillon**
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. In large stockpot on medium heat – heat oil until hot.
2. Add garlic stirring to coat with oil and cook 1-2 minutes until golden.
3. Add chicken and 1/4 tsp. italian seasoning and cook chicken 3-5 minutes stirring frequently.
4. Then add water and bullion and bring to a boil.
5. Add beans, tomatoes, celery, onion, red pepper, oregano, thyme, parsley, remaining Italian seasoning and pasta. Return to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and cook uncovered stirring occasionally 10 – 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
7. Add Zucchini and cook an additional 3 – 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp tender.
8. Don’t forget to serve with some nice crisp bread. Enjoy!
10. ***NOTE (OPTIONAL): for a little extra flavor transfer zucchini to a small mixing bowl and add a dash of each: italian seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper stir gently until well blended and set aside until ready to join the pot.***