Servings: 4 | Yield: 8 Each | Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Start to finish: 35 minutes
Don’t let the name fool you. There are no clams in these tasty bread and bacon stuffed mushrooms.
1 Package (8 oz. or 10 oz.) Mushrooms, Whole *(you Can Use White/button, Crimini or Baby Portobello Mushrooms), Brush and clean mushrooms(How to video), remove stems and set aside.
2 Slices Onion, diced small
4 Slices Red Pepper, diced, small
4 Slices Celery, diced small
1 Cup Stove Top Chicken Flavor Stuffing Mix, dry
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
3 Slices Bacon, cooked and drained on paper towel covered plate. set aside. **Reserve 1 tbsp. bacon fat.
2 Dashes Garlic Powder
2 Dashes Black Pepper
2 Dashes Onion Powder
3 Tablespoons Butter
1 Tablespoon White Cooking Wine Reserved mushroom stems, finely chopped
1. Brush off all dirt and debris with a dry paper towel from the mushrooms, then pop out the stems and set aside. Finely chop mushroom stems and set aside.
2. Put mushroom caps in a medium sized bowl and add a few shakes of garlic powder, black pepper and onion powder. Mix gently to marinate the caps evenly with spices and set aside.
3. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking oil. and set aside.
4. In a medium saucepan add 1 tablespoon of butter, reserved bacon fat, chopped mushroom stems and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
5. Lower heat to simmer and add in the wine, onions, celery and red pepper. Stir and simmer about 5 minutes.
6. Crumble bacon into small bits,*(Optional: reserve a few pieces to top mushrooms) then add crumbles to the chicken broth mixture cook 2 minutes more.
7. Turn off heat and add in the stuffing mix and stir until well blended.
8. Using a small teaspoon scoop stuffing into mushroom caps and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all mushrooms are stuffed. *Optional top with bacon crumbles
9. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
10. Take 2 tablespoon slices of butter and cut into quarters and drop pieces in between mushrooms on baking sheet.
11. Cook mushrooms about 15-20 minutes.
12. Use tongs and a soup spoon to carefully transfer mushrooms onto a serving dish.