Yield: 1/2 Cup | Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Start to finish: 30 minutes
This sweet thick glaze is the dark gold of vinegars. Use this burst of flavor to drizzle on caprese salad, juicy berries, and bruschetta, or to enhance grilled meats, fish and vegetables. In addition, to many other uses such as a marinade.
2 Cups Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Molasses
1. In a medium saucepan bring all ingredients to a boil stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
2. Then lower heat to a gentle boil. (stir very frequently to avoid bubbling over)
3. Continue to stir frequently and cook about 20 – 25 minutes on a gentle boil until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup and can coat the back of a spoon.
4. Set aside to cool. The glaze will thicken as it cools.
5. Store in refrigerator in air tight container for up to 3 weeks.