Yield: 1 Hoagie sandwich | Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Start to finish: 15 minutes
Add a little kick to your wake-up with this fried hot pepper and egg hoagie.
3 Each Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk, 2% Lowfat
2 Each Hot Frying Peppers, washed, cored and seeds removed and roughly chopped
1 Tablespoon Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter, Unsalted
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Crack eggs in a medium mixing bowl and add milk and whisk until well blended and set aside.
2. In a medium skillet on medium heat add oil until hot. Lower the heat just a bit and add in chopped hot frying peppers and stir frequently for about 3-5 minutes until tender.
3. Add egg mixture and flip frequently until eggs are cook and not runny. Make sure to cook any egg trapped inside of peppers.
4. Top eggs and pepper mixture on top of toasted or untoasted roll, hoagie or bread of your choice.
5. Salt and pepper to taste or even try adding a dollop or two of ketchup.