Yield: 2 Servings | Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Start to finish: 15 minutes
These eggs are delicious and easy. You can also prep ahead by dicing vegetables in small ziplock baggies and freeze to expedite a work morning’s hearty breakfast.
1 Cup filled with diced Onions, Green Peppers, Tomatoes or Substitute Your Favorites and Fill a Cup.
1/4 Cup Milk, 2% Lowfat
2 Tablespoons Butter, Unsalted, divided
2 Slices Cheese, Optional (suggested: Cheddar or Swiss), shredded
2 Slices Deli Ham,
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. **If adding in deli ham, roll ham and slice, set aside. If adding cheese cut into small cube pieces, set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl whisk eggs and milk, set aside.
3. In medium skillet over medium heat add one tbsp. butter until melted. Tilt skillet to spread butter around bottom of pan.
4. Add in the diced onions, tomatoes and green peppers,*ham and *cheese. (or substitute your favorite vegetables and fill a cup with: red peppers, mushrooms, fresh spinach, etc.)
5. Saute about 2 minutes until vegetables are tender stirring frequently about 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the remaining butter and stir until blended and melted. (Make sure to get butter along the bottom edges of the pan.
7. Add in the egg mixture and flip eggs frequently until cooked about 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat and sprinkle top with cheese and cover until melted
8. Transfer to serving dishes and salt and pepper to taste.