Yield: 8 Tablespoons | Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Start to finish: 35 minutes, includes freezer time.
This make ahead scampi butter is the perfect go to dinner helper after a long day at work.
1 Stick Butter, Unsalted, softened
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1/4 Cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
1. In small mixing bowl whip butter.
2. Add garlic and parsley and mix with a spoon until well blended.
3. Lay down a 19″ sheet of saran wrap add butter to the center and fold over. Mold butter between plastic to form a stick of butter or roll.
4. Then wrap scampi butter tightly in saran wrap and place in a small ziplock bag and freeze 30 minutes or until hard.
5. Unwrap butter and place on cutting board. Cut scampi butter into tablespoon size chucks using the butter wrapper as a guide, if needed.
6. Put butter chunks in a ziplock bag and freeze up to 1 month (don’t forget to date the bag). Use as needed.
7. Makes about 7 – 8 tablespoons of scampi butter.