Servings: 2 | Yield: 2 Fillets | Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Start to finish: 40 minutes
This version of chicken bruschetta coats the chicken in breadcrumbs to hold in the delicious flavors from the bruschetta top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and you will wish you doubled the recipe. Also a great way to “make leftovers great again” if you have leftover bruschetta.
1 Each Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, filleted
1 Cup Bruschetta or See *Quick Bruschetta Recipe
2 Tablespoons Oil
1/4 Cup Milk, 2% Lowfat
1 Cup Breadcrumbs, Seasoned
1/2 Teaspoon Basil, Dried
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Glaze (reduction)
3 Tablespoons Parmesan/romano Grated Cheese
Fresh Basil,, roughly chopped, *optional
1. After filleting chicken place on a deep dish or bowl add milk and set aside.
2. Spray a 12 x 12 baking dish with oil and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a small mixing bowl add breadcrumbs, basil and parmesan and mix with a fork until well blended.
4. Flip chicken fillets in milk then press into the bread crumb mixture on both sides.
5. In a large skillet heat oil on medium until hot. Add minced garlic and saute 1 minute.
6. Add breaded fillets to skillet and fry until golden brown about 3- 4 minutes on each side.
7. Transfer to baking dish.
8. Use a teaspoon or soup spoon and divide bruschetta between fillets piling on top. *optional top with roughly chopped fresh basil
9. Bake covered 25 minutes or until internal chicken temperature is 165 degrees.
10. Uncover and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven, uncovered, and cook an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
11. Transfer to serving plates and drizzle with Balsamic glaze.