Servings: 16 – 18 sliders | Yield: approx. 1.5 Quarts | Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Start to finish: 4 hours 20 minutes
This appetizer will keep them coming back for seconds. Great for potluck parties. Plug in the slow cooker with a basket of sweet hawaiian rolls and done. Don’t worry about leftovers, there won’t be any!
2 Pounds Eye Round Roast, Cut Into Two 2″ Chunks
2 Tablespoons Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Each Onion, halved and sliced 1/4″ thick
1 Each Large Green Bell Pepper, washed, cored and sliced 1/4″ thick
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Cup Whole Tomatoes, Drained, chopped
1 Cup Beef Consomme Concentrated, Low Sodium, undiluted
2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Each Bay Leaf
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
2 Packages Hawaiian-style Dinner Rolls
1. Cut beef in half as indicated above. Place in a large ziplock bag. Add in flour, pepper and salt. Shake until well coated.
2. In a large skillet heat oil until hot over high heat. Add half of the minced garlic, stir for 30 seconds then add beef chunks and sear on all sides until browned.
3. Remove and place in slow cooker. Lower skillet heat to medium.
4. Add onions, peppers and remaining garlic in same skillet and saute about 3 minutes stirring frequently.
5. Transfer pepper and onion mixture to slow cooker on top of beef chunks.
6. Add consomme, worcestershire sauce, tomatoes and bay leaf.
7. Cook on high 4- 5 hours *(Flip beef after 2 hours). Transfer beef to cutting board and slice or pull apart to shred.
8. In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup add 2 tablespoons of liquid from slow cooker and mix with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch until smooth.
9. Pour mixture into slow cooker and stir until slightly thickened. Return beef to slow cooker and cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
10. Split rolls and use tongs or a slotted spoon to top rolls.