Servings: 3 | Yield: 3 Cups | Preparation Time: 10 min. | Start to finish: 20 min.
Broiling might seem a bit harsh for asparagus, but this method is perfect for the chunkier stalks of asparagus.
1/2 Bunch Asparagus, trimmed about 2″ from bottom of stalks
2 Teaspoons Oil
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Slice Lemon, juice of or 1 teaspoon, optional
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Raise rack in oven and Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place asparagus in a deep dish broiler safe dish.
3. Add oil, garlic and lemon juice, optional. Salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Toss until well coated and mixed.
5. Cook about 5 – 7 minutes until asparagus is crisp tender. *Cooking time will vary depending on size of asparagus*