Yields: 2 Sandwiches | Preparation Time: 15 min. | Start to finish: 25 minutes
This sandwich was inspired by the Panera Turkey and Artichoke sandwich which we all miss. It is also a tasty was to incorporated everyone’s favorite Artichoke and Spinach dip.
1/4 Pound Smoked Turkey From Your Deli, divided
4 Tablespoons Artichoke & Spinach Dip
4 Slices Bread of Your Choice
3 Tablespoons Butter, divided
4 Slices Swiss Cheese, divided
1/4 Cup Onions, peeled, sliced and halved
1 Teaspoon Oil
1. In a small skillet add 1 tablespoon of butter and oil. When hot add onions and saute until translucent about 3 minutes. transfer onto a paper towel to drain and set aside.
2. On 2 slices of bread spread some spinach artichoke dip, then divide the turkey evenly between the sandwiches.
3. Top with onions. Add 2 slices of cheese per sandwich.
4. then spread remaining artichoke dip on the 2 plain slices and top sandwich.
5. In a large skillet on medium low heat add 1 tablespoon of butter.
6. When hot add both sandwiches and press them down with spatula. Cover and cook about 2 minutes until golden.
7. Then Add remaining tablespoons of butter and flip each sandwich and cover. Cook another 2 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.