Yields: 4 servings | Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Start to finish: 45 minutes [*Time does not include marinating time of 30 minutes.]
This Beef Teriyaki recipe with Chinese vegetables and KG’s Sweet Teriyaki Sauce tastes like you just brought home takeout.
For Marinade: *(See step 1)
1/8 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce, Low Sodium
1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
1 Pound Steak, trimmed and cut into thin 2″ strips (Marinated *See Direction step 1)
1 Can Water Chestnuts (sliced, 8 Oz. Can), drained
1 Can Bamboo Shoots (8 Oz. Can), drained
1/2 Can Baby Corn (15 Oz. Can), drained, sliced longways then in halfs
1/4 Cup Bok Choy, chopped, stems (remove leaves and set aside)
1/4 Cup Onion, sliced 1/2″ thick
1 Stalk Celery, chopped
1/4 Cup Green Pepper, washed, cored, seeds removed and sliced
1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper, washed, cored, seeds removed and sliced
1/4 Cup Mushrooms, dry cleaned, stems removed and sliced
1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger, minced
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Cup Sauce, Sweet Teriyaki
1 Tablespoon Oil, for Cooking, for cooking
2 Tablespoons Butter, Unsalted, for cooking
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Optional
2 Bags Success Brown Rice or (4 Cups Cooked Rice), Cooked according to package directions. Remove from water and let drain well.
1. Place beef in a ziplock bag. Add in marinade ingredients. Zip closed bag and knead bag until ingredients/cornstarch is well dissolved. Refrigerate at 20 – 30 minutes. **Rinse off beef prior to cooking.
2. In deep dish frying pan or wok heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter until hot about 1-2 minutes
3. Add in garlic stir and cook about 1 minute until golden. Add beef and cook until no longer pink about 3 – 4 minutes stirring frequently.
4. Add in remaining butter and vegetables, *except for bok choy greens and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10- 15 minutes until vegetables are tender
5. Add in Sweet Teriyaki sauce and stir until all vegetables and beef are well coated. Continue stirring and add in the bok choy greens. Optional add a dash of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
6. Continue to cook and stir another 5-7 minutes.
7. Serve over Rice and Enjoy!