Servings: 4 | Preparation Time: 20 min. | Start to finish: 6 hours 20 minutes
This savory slow cooked pot roast is tender and juicy. Plenty of carrots and potatoes in a thick and tasty sauce. The perfect comfort food cooked all in one pot.
1 1/2 Pounds Bottom Round Roast
2 Cups Carrots, washed, peeled and sliced thick
1 Cup Onion, peeled, halved and cut into slices from root end
4 Each Potatoes, Small, washed, cut in half, or if larger than 3″ diameters cut into quarters
1/2 Cup Celery (1 Stalk)
2 Dashes Garlic
1 Each Bay Leaf, Small
2 Dashes Ground Black Pepper
2 Dashes Sea Salt
1 Package Mccormick Slow Cooker, Savory Pot Roast Seasoning Mix (1.3 Oz.)
1 1/2 Cups Water
3 Tablespoons Flour
1/4 Cup Water
1 Tablespoon Oil
2 Cups Egg Noodles * Optional, prepared as directed on package.
1. In a large skillet heat oil on medium. While heating add one dash each of garlic, pepper and salt to both sides of roast.
2. Place roast into skillet and sear each side about 1 minute until brown.
3. Remove from skillet and place into bottom of Slow Cooker.
4. Add potatoes around roast, then layer carrots, onions and celery.
5. In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup add water and package of seasoning mix. Whisk until well blended
6. Pour seasoning mixture over contents of Slow Cooker.
7. Cook on low 5 – 6 hours until inner temperature of roast is 165 degrees.
8. About 10 minutes before serving when Roast has reached the appropriate temperature.
9. Combine 1/4 cup of water and flour and whisk until well blended.
10. Pour into slow cooker toward the side. Gentle stir to mix the liquids. This will thicken the sauce. Let Cook another 10 – 15 minutes stirring often, gently.
11. Serve as is, or over thick *egg noodles, prepared to package directions.