Yield: 10 each
1 Cup Blanched Almonds, slivered
2 1/4 Cups Flour, All-purpose
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
3 Each Eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Almond Extract
Butter for Cookie Sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds on a cookie sheet.
- Toast almonds in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Allow almonds to cool.
- Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Lightly beat eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.
- Gradually mix egg mixture into flour mixture until dough comes together. Add toasted almonds and mix until just incorporated.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and shape dough into a 3×14-inch log. Transfer log to buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm to the touch, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Allow log to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then, transfer log to a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices, using a serrated knife. Return biscotti slices to baking sheet, cut-side up.
- Return biscotti to the oven and bake until biscotti are toasted and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
- Flip each cookie and continue baking until toasted, about 20 more minutes.
- Cool on wire rack and store in dry air-tight container.