Yield: 6 1/2 cup servings
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Start to finish: 30 minutes
2 Cans Yams, Large Cans (29 Oz), drained
1 Stick Unsalted Butter
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9 x 13 ungreased baking pan, place in drained yams (refer to notes, if using fresh sweet potatoes or yams)
- Using at least 1/2 stick of the butter, slice into 1/4″ pieces and drop randomly, but evenly around potatoes.
- Next, sprinkle the brown sugar over the potatoes, ensuring to get some on each potatoe.
- Next, drizzle the molasses over the potatoes, again trying to get some on each potato.
- Then take the remaining butter, slice into 1/4″ pieces and drop sporadically into baking pan.
- Cover and place on center rake in oven. Bake 30 minutes
Notes: If using fresh sweet potatoes or yams, peel and chunk into pieces. (Depending on the size of your potatoes, you will need about 4 large to fill a 13 X 13 baking dish) Place in large Saucepan and add water, making sure to submerge all potatoes under water. (If you peel them and leave them out of water too long they will brown). approximately 7 cups of water. Bring to a boil and boil approximately 25 minutes. Don’t make them to soft, since you will be baking them also.
Serving Ideas: This dish pairs well with Ham & Pork dishes.