Spinach and Herb Pesto make ahead and freeze. Later grab a cube and add a bite of heaven to your meals.
Yield: 10 cubes
1 Cup Curley Parsley, Tips Only, fresh,
1 Cup Italian Basil Leaves, fresh (approx. 9 large leaves)
1/2 Cup Oregano, fresh, chopped
1 Teaspoon Thyme, fresh, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 Cup Roasted Soy Beans
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Lime Juice
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
1/2 Stick Butter, softened
1 Teaspoon Water
- Place all dry ingredients into a food process, except the butter and pulse till chopped.
- Add in the 3/4 cup olive oil, water and the lime juice, pulse until smooth. Stopping frequently to scrape the sides using a stiff spatula.
- Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour in an air tight container.
- Place pesto mixture into a bowl and fold in the softened butter until well blended. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In an ice cube tray, fill each 1/2 full with your Pesto Butter. Then drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Wrap tightly with saran wrap and freeze at least 24 hours.
- After your Pesto Butter has frozen, remove each cube from ice cube tray wrap separately with Saran wrap and place in a zip lock baggie.
- Store up to 3 months.