1 Bunch Fresh Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 Large Sweet Red Peppers cut into strips
1 Small Onion, Cut into strips
8 Grape Tomatoes, leave whole
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
3/4 Teaspoon Coarsely Ground Pepper, divided
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Garlic Powder
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast trimmed and Cut Into Filets (6 Ounces Each),
4 Tablespoons Butter, Unsalted, divided
3 Teaspoons Corn Starch
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1 Cup 1/2 & 1/2 Cream
1/4 Cup White Wine or Additional Chicken Broth
1 1/2 Cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (6 ounces)
1/4 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Remove vegetables from the dish.
2. Place asparagus, onions, tomatoes, and red peppers in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish; toss with oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. Roast 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
4. Remove vegetables from dish
5. Season chicken with the garlic powder and remaining salt and pepper.
6. In a large skillet, on medium temperature, heat 1 tablespoon butter; brown 3 chicken breasts on both sides (approx. 2-3 min. per side). Transfer to the same baking dish.
7. Repeat with an additional 1 tablespoon butter and brown remaining chicken. Place roasted vegetables on top of browned chicken breasts.
8. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat scraping up chicken pieces. Stir in cornstarch until smooth; gradually whisk in broth and cream, add wine, if desired.
9. On low temperature, bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir approximately 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheese, mix until melted. Then, pour over chicken and vegetables evenly.
10. Change oven setting to 350 Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°.
11. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Yields: 6 Servings