Servings: 2 | Yield: 3 Cups | Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Start to finish: 20 minutes
These fresh string beans with a light coating of garlic powder and parmesan cheese will brighten any dish.
3 Cups Fresh String (whole green) Beans, washed, tips and ends cut
2 Cups Water
2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Use a medium size steamer or steaming tray add water.
2. Add trimmed string beans.
3. Bring water to boil and lower heat and simmer approx. 10 – 15 minutes until crisp tender.
4. Separate steamer and shake to remove excess water.
5. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
6. Add garlic and parmesan and toss until well blended.
7. Serve using tongs.