Servings: 2-3 | Yield: 2-3 Fillets | Preparation Time: 15 min. | Start to finish: 30 min.
This delicious flounder is broiled to perfection then topped with shrimp and a lemon butter sauce. A combination that perfectly compliment each other.
1/2 Pound Flounder (approx. 2-3 Fillets)
5 Tabs Scampi Butter Recipe, divided, 2 tabs quartered *no scampi butter see below
3 Slices Lemon, cut in half, (extra to serve w/ entree’)
6 Each Shrimp (or More if Desired), washed, peeled and deveined
1 Tablespoon White Cooking Wine
1 Teaspoon Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, or juice from 1/2 a lemon
Fresh Parsley, chopped, optional
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat broiler (*No not cooker in lower drawer type broiler this temperature is too hot. If this is the case, raise rack in oven and preheat to 450 degrees)
2. In a spray oiled baking dish lay fillets. take 2 tabs of scampi butter quartered and place sporadically around fillets add a little pepper and salt, if desired. Squeeze a half slice of lemon over each fillet and place lemon slice on fillet.
3. Place uncovered in broiler/oven and cook 10 – 12 minutes until fillet internal temperature is 145 degrees.
4. While fillets are cooking:
5. Place remaining scampi butter in a preferable small metal saucepan with oil and heat.
6. Add shrimp and cook approximately 3 minutes on each side until flesh is opaque. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
7. Add wine and lemon juice and cook about 1 minute. Turn off heat and check temperature of fillets. Continue to cook and monitor fillets until internal temperature is reached at 145 degrees.
8. Remove from oven and transfer to serving plate. Top with shrimp and lemon sauce.
9. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with additional lemon wedges.
No Scampi Butter No Worries.
5 tablespoons Butter, Unsalted, softened
1 Clove Garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped