Yield: 4 Servings | Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Start to finish: 45 minutes
The herbed breaded chicken in this recipe is full of flavor, but top it with roasted red peppers served on a bed of creamy mushroom rice then it’s worthy of a prize.
2 Each Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, trimmed and cut into tenders
1 1/2 Cups Bread Crumbs, Seasoned
1 Teaspoon Parsley
1 1/2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Thyme
1 Cup Button Mushrooms, sliced
2 Bags Success Rice, Brown or White
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup, 10 Oz.
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup, 10 Oz.
1 1/4 Cups Milk
1/4 Cup Roasted Red Peppers
2 Tablespoons Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Trim and cut chicken breast into tenders. Place in a bowl and cover with 1/4 cup milk. set aside.
3. Cook two bags of rice per package directions, drain and set aside.
4. In small mixing bowl add bread crumbs, parsley, italian seasoning, oregano, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme. Mix with a fork until well blended.
5. Heat up the oil in a large skillet. Flip tenders in milk then press into bread crumb mixture and add to hot skillet. Repeat until skillet is full. (This might take multiple batches)
6. Cook tenders until golden and nicely browned about 2-3 minutes, flip and repeat. When both sides are browned set on a paper towel to drain. Repeat until all tenders are done.
7. Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with spray oil. Add both cans of soup and milk and mix until well blended and creamy.
8. Add in half of the slice mushrooms and mix gently until mushrooms are blended and coated.
9. Next add in the rice and mix until well blended. Top with chicken tenders.
10. Place one mushroom slice on top of each tender. Then lay a slice of roasted pepper across each tender.
11. Cover and bake 25 minutes or until inner temperature of chicken is 165 degrees.
12. Remove from oven, uncover and let sit for 5 minutes prior to serving.