Servings: 6 Yield: 6 Servings
1 Pound Ground Beef, cooked and drained
1 Can Diced Tomatoes (14.5 Oz), undrained
1 Cup Onion, chopped
1/2 Cup Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Yellow Mustard
1 Cup Beef Broth
1 Cup Uncooked, Elbow Macaroni
1 Each Plum Tomatoes, Diced
2 Each Scallions,, chopped
4 Ounces Velveeta Cheese, cut into 1″ cubes
Salt and Pepper to Taste, Optional
- In large deep skillet, on medium heat add oil until hot.
- Add ground beef and onions and saute until no longer pink.
- Drain and return to skillet. Lower heat to simmer.
- Add broth, uncooked noodles, tomatoes, ketchup, mustard. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well blended.
- Simmer stirring frequently to avoid burning bottom 20-30 minutes uncovered. Keep pushing macaroni down into liquid.
- Once macaroni is al dente. Turn off heat add cheese, cover to melt cheese about 2 min. then stir until well blended.
- Top with chopped scallions and serve.