Yield: 12 Egg Cups
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Start to finish: 3 hours
6 Each Hard Boiled Eggs., peeled and rinsed.
1/3 Cup Mayonnaise, Hellman’s
1 Tablespoon Gulden’s Spicy Brown Mustard
1 Tablespoon Sweet Pickle Relish
1/4 Teaspoon Black Ground Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Fill medium size pot with cold water, add 8 eggs and bring to a slow boil. Once water is boiling cook about 5 minutes.
- Rinse eggs under cold water to cool. Then peel, rinse to remove any small shell pieces.
- Then slice each egg in half long ways.
- In a medium mixing bowl gently pop out the yolks and place the egg whites onto a platter and set aside.
- In the bowl with the yolks add mayonnaise, mustard, paprika and relish and whip until creamy. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Then spoon yolk mixture carefully into the egg white cups. (Or if you want to get creative set mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes and put in a pastry bag. You can also put into a large zip lock bag and snip the corner. Twist top of bag and squeeze fill egg whites)
- Sprinkle with a dash of paprika and garnish with a pinch of fresh chopped parsley.
- You can prepare these about two hours before serving. Keep in refrigerator loosely covered.
Notes: * If you want to cut down on time. You can wash and peel the beets and boil right in the marinade. Simmer until beets are tender.
Serving Ideas: You can use the same yolk mixture excluding the relish for a classic deviled eggs. Then combine both on a platter for an appealing look.
Add a sprig of fresh dill on each egg.